My new book “Composting Masterclass” is available now. You can get it in most good book stores, All ebook and audiobook platforms. As well as Amazon. You can get it below.
Hardcover ISBN 978-1-7397793-0-6
Paperback ISBN 978-1-7397793-1-3
Audiobook ISBN 978-1-7397793-2-0
eBook ISBN 978-1-7397793-3-7
If you do not see the book on Amazon try a google search near you.
Compost is so important in the garden, yet the quality of store-bought compost seems to be diminishing drastically. In this video, we take a look at some of the characteristics of store-bought compost, and then I put it up against my homemade compost.
Although this is not a scientific test, I am sure you have noticed some of the same findings in the composts you have bought recently.
Making your own compost at home has many benefits over store-bought composts or potting soils such as:-
1. The Cost. It is way cheaper to produce your own compost at home. Have you seen how much compost prices at the store are increasing?
2. Quality. You can control the quality of the compost you make. Composts you buy seem to be very inconsistent from one bag to the next even with the same brand.
3. Ingredients. Most store-bought compost is made up of a lot of curbside green waste, You have no idea whether there was a broadleaf pesticide used in the garden before it was collected. Composting at home means you control everything that is added to your compost.
4. Life. Yes, Life. When you make your own compost from your garden waste, It is thriving with life. Bacteria, protozoa, nematodes, fungi all these microorganisms improve the quality of your soil and increase plant size and pest and disease resistance.
5. Composting at home is environmentally friendly. It is perfect for managing waste, rather than it going to landfills or fuels used to collect, grind, turn, package, distribute, and for you to go to the store to buy. Each process uses fuels that raise the C02 values, whereas composting at home removes this as you take it from the garden to the compost pile, then when composted put it back into the garden to enrich your soils.
I know you may have had issues with composting before, Whether it didn’t break down, or even turned into a smelly mess. But in my book Composting Masterclass I take you through the whole process right down to the microscopic level so that you get a full understanding of the process.
Understanding the process fully means that you know exactly what is happening in your compost at any given time. if a problem arises with your compost, you’ll know exactly what to do to sort it out, or even prevent it in the first place.
Join the millions of people who are making quality nutrient-dense compost for their gardens and become a master of your own space.
Join this channel to get access to perks:
Visit my blog for more gardening content that is more in-depth.
Visit our Amazon Store for Gardening Products UK and USA.
View videos mentioned in this video
Effective POTATO Growing Tips for Astounding Results https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgJa2wrX6lA
How To Make Compost – Composting Process – Compost Methods
Share this video with a YouTuber friend:
Other Videos You may be interested in
Results Container Or Ground Grown Potatoes
Composting At Home | How To Start A Compost Pile
How To Store Potatoes For Winter & Save Seed Potatoes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EhVPTPVv6U
Support This Channel With Paypal
Support This Channel With Patreon:
Tubebuddy Video SEO Tool
Visit Our Website https://simplifygardening.com
Business Enquiries Email [email protected]
We would like to welcome all our new subscribers and thank you all for supporting Simplify Gardening
⚠️ Disclaimer: Some of the links in this description are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links you’ll help support the channel at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!